Saturday 25 October 2014

Teaser Update [Ork] #2

So, I've had quite a long hiatus away from any sort of painting (three months or so) but now is a good time to attempt to get a few previous projects finished.

I've done a bit of updating to fix the Ork Kanz up to a better standard as looking over the previous post I was rather annoyed by how messy it was in certain areas.

ANYWAY.

My painting style involves painting even the biggest model while it's still in little parts.

This model is getting a little tiresome - painting such a large amount of yellow over a black background (don't ask). So the obvious solution is to start doing other little sections of it and this brings me to the pilot.


I like the idea of the metals of the ork machines being really rusty and scratched up, so this cockpit is no different - it's insanely rusty.


Also, unlike how I originally planned to go with this model, I decided that he would be wearing only natural colours - so leather and fur rather than bright coloured uniforms. 


The model didn't really give much in the way space for the dials or anything but I guess that makes sense for an Ork craft - either way, I added what ever colour I could to light the space up.




Just a few with the canopy on (but not glued).
This is going to be difficult to paint and dirty up; I also plan on drilling a few bullet holes through the wind-screen to show a few near misses.





1 comment:

  1. That is looking amazing. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete